Project Management software is a useful tool that helps your team to manage projects, tasks, and resources. This software has scheduling, task management, resource allocation, progress tracking, collaboration, and reporting features. Mainly project management software is very helpful for smoothing the communication and work between team members. If you are still wondering what this tool is, how to manage etc., then you are in the right place. In this article, we will explain some best project management software.
You will get numerous pieces of software with different prices and features. But you must be thinking about which software will be best for your projects. That’s why we made detailed information, including the plans and features.
7 Key Factors Of the Best Project Management Software:
Here are some elements to think about when choosing a project management tool:
- Project requirements: The first step in choosing project management software is based on your specific requirements. First, consider the project size, the number of team members, and the project timeline. These points will help you to choose the best option for you.
- Ease of use: Try to find which software is easy to use for you. Because handy software is easy to set up, configure, and navigate and does not require technical expertise.
- Features: Try to find effective software that may include features such as task management, time tracking, resource management, scheduling, communication, reporting, and integration with other tools.
- Pricing: Consider the price of the software which is fit for the project budget. You may find some software that may offer a free trial with limited features, whereas other software may provide a monthly or annual subscription.
- Security: Make sure that the software provides powerful security features to protect your project data from unauthorized access.
- Integration: Also, make sure your software is integrated with other tools and applications. Such as email, calendar, file sharing, or project management tools.
- Try before permanent use: You must implement the software before making the permanent usage decision. At least you will learn its capacity. That’s why I will recommend you try the free version and try to make it smoother for you.
Considering these facts, you can choose the best project management software that meets your requirements.
Here is a list of some best project management software
- Microsoft Project
- Click Up
Each of these tools offers a large number of features for managing projects, tasks, resources, and team communication. Let’s discuss this in detail.
Asana: Best project management software
Asana is a web-based software designed to help teams manage work, workflows, and projects. This tool mainly focuses on communication between team members. This software offers huge features to help users to arrange and distribute tasks and collaborate with team members. You can manage unlimited guests for doing various projects at the same time. Also, you can apply your own custom rules in this software.
Asana can be used by businesses of all sizes, like industries, marketing companies, software development, and non-profit organizations. It offers free basic plans, which are free forever, and paid plans with additional features and functionality. The premium plan starts at only 10.99 USD per month, with huge features.
However, this tool is always a popular project management tool that can help team workers to stay organized, focused, and productive.
Features of Asana software
- Task management – You can create tasks and assign your team members according to your workflow.
- Project tracking – You can track the progress of projects, view timelines, and set up automated reminders for your team members.
- Integration – This software integrates with other tools and applications, such as Google Drive, Slack, and Zapier.
- Report on data – This software always provides analytics and reporting data based on their work, measures the team’s performance, and identifies areas for improvement.
- Easy to use – The interface of Asana software is very handy for any user.
ClickUp is another best project management software that mainly works to help teams collaborate, organize and manage their work effectively. This software will allow you to manage and track your project’s goal. It will make sure that clients will get the best quality results.
This software offers many features, including -task assignments, time tracking, file sharing, integrations with other tools, and many more features. This software is very handy for all sizes and different industries, whether software development or marketing to education or healthcare.
The most important benefit of ClickUp is its flexibility, which allows users to customize their workspace to fit their specific needs and requirements. This software has a free plan for use. But if you need more features, your budget must grow according to the feature. Unlimited plans start only for 5 USD per month for small-sized businesses. And the plan’s price will grow according to your features.
Features of Click-Up Software
- Set up goals – This software helps to keep you on track to beat your goals at the right time.
- Cooperate – This software helps to cooperate with your team in real-time by assigning comments and chatting and always shows the notification so that you can not miss any point.
- Boosting sales through automation – This software always runs to your pipeline and assigns lead status and follow-up updates for your team members to boost your sales.
- User-friendly dashboard: This software always provides customizable dashboards to see all your projects and goals.
- Reports – ClickUp provides detailed reports on your team’s performance and progress. So you can easily get your analytics result from it.
- Integration – This software is integrated with other tools and services, Such as Google Drive, Zoom, Slack, etc.
Monday.com: The Best project management software
This project management tool permits your teams to plan, track, and manage their work more expertly. This software offers a customizable platform that can be adapted to fit any team’s needs. And is designed to help teams stay organized, communicate effectively, and acquire their goals. Many big companies use this software for their team, such as Coca-Cola, BBC studios, Adobe Hulu, etc.
Monday.com offers various features, such as managing tasks, tracking projects, team cooperation, time tracking, automation, invoices, etc. This tool also offers mobile apps. It provides both free and paid plans according to the features and functionality. It has a free plan, but the price starts at 8 USD per month and increases according to the high features you may need.
Features of Monday.com Software
- Customized Dashboard – It allows you to customize your dashboards to your requirements. So, You can choose what information to display and how to display it.
- Collaboration – This software is straightforward to collaborate with team members on different projects, share information, and communicate. It is also providing users to leave comments, attach files, and tag team members to stay connected with each other.
- Map View – You can see and monetize your team members’ work and deadlines in one place, making your decision easy.
- Integration – This software is also integrated with various third-party tools. Such as Google drive, dropbox, Slack, etc. So that you can easily import data from other sources and export your work to other platforms.
Trello – The less expensive management tool
Trello is one of the best visual project management tools that allow users to manage their workflow using boards. With this software, users can create boards for various projects and add lists for different stages, such as What To-Do, Which Works In Progress, and which are already Done. Under each list, users can create cards that represent ideas and add details, comments, due dates, attachments, and labels. Trello has a free plan for you to test on your teams, But for more features, the standard package starts at 5 USD per month.
This versatile tool offers a variety of features to help users, Like
- Trello’s visual layout is based on a system of boards or cards. You can create multiple boards for different projects.
- Team members can easily collaborate using this tool.
- You can invite others to join your boards and assign specific work to your team members.
- This software also has a mobile app. So you can keep track through mobile devices.
- This is integrated with Google drive, slack, and Jira.
It was founded in 1999 by Jason Fried, Carlos Segura, and Ernest Kim. And became a popular software for work distribution. Over the years, Basecamp has been one of the most widely used as best project management software in the business today.
Basecamp makes your team communication more efficient. It provides the center platform where your team members can communicate, distribute, and track the work progress. The important feature of this software is teams can share attachments, assign tasks, set deadlines, and discuss project details in one place. Its clean interface will be very easy for your team members, and they can stay on top of their projects. You can use this software FREE for 30 days. But if you have a small business, it may be pricey because it starts at 99 USD monthly for only 10 users.
Best features of Basecamp
- Your teams can have the option for real-time conversations, share updates, and ask questions among themselves without constant meetings.
- Your team members can share files, documents, images, and videos.
- The message boards allow your teams to organize and categorize discussions around specific projects.
- Basecamp has the option for a campfire- which means a live chatting option.
- This tool will also allow your teams to set up automatic check-ins to help everyone on the same page.
Project management tools always manage teams so that they become more productive day by day. That’s why you must choose the best option for you. I have tried to cover some of the best options for you, and I hope you will find which is suits.